Thursday 7 May 2015

Review: The Heir #4 in The Selection Series by Kiera Cass


My Rating:  ✯✯✯✯  
Genre: YA, Dystopian, Romance 
Publication Date: May 05th, 2015

Quick Synopsis 

Set twenty years after the end of book three, the daughter of America Singer and Prince Maxon Schreave is ready for her own Selection. Princess Eadlyn doesn't have high expectations for the competition but as things unfold she finds that everyones happily ever after looks a little different. 

My Review 

I didn't know I was so invested in this series until I found out there was going to be a fourth and fifth book which naturally made me want them in my hands immediately. This one I preordered digitally as soon as it was made available to do so and I started refereshing pretty much straight after midnight in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. 

Something that sets this book apart from the previous three is the personality of the protagonist. Princess Eadlyn is bratty and spoilt which took a bit of getting used to after being so familiar with the perspective of America Singer. Once I eventually warmed up to her I ended up enjoying The Heir just as much as all the others in The Selection Series. 

All I can say is whatever it is that makes people watch particular realty TV shows religiously, this series has the book incarnation of that. 





The Epic Reads guys on YouTube put together some great interview videos for some of the Selection candidates that reminded me so much of watching the Batcheloret on TV.             Love. 


 












No comments:

Post a Comment